The Elastic stack is an open source collection of products designed to reliably & securely take data from any source, in any format and search, analyse and visualise it in real time. The stack comprises of the following key components:
- Kibana: Kibana gives shape to your data and is the extensible user interface for configuring and managing all aspects of the Elastic Stack
- Elasticsearch: Elasticsearch is a distributed, JSON-based search and analytics engine designed for horizontal scalability, maximum reliability, and easy management
- Logstash: Logstash is a dynamic data collection pipeline with an extensible plugin ecosystem and strong Elasticsearch synergy
- Beats: Beats is a platform for lightweight shippers that send data from edge machines to Logstash and Elasticsearch.
Apart from the open source components, the Elastic stack can further be enhanced with Elastic Commercial features (formerly X-Pack), which comprises of modules that are built and maintained by Elastic engineers. This enhancement extension includes the following components:
- Security: Protect your data across the Elastic Stack (formerly Shield)
- Alerting: Get notiﬁcations about changes in your data (formerly Watcher)
- Monitoring: Keep a pulse on the health of the Elastic Stack (formerly Marvel)
- Reporting: Generate, schedule, and email reports
- Graph: Explore meaningful relationships in your data
Knowledge Focus has partnered with Elastic in Southern Africa to enhance and roll out existing and new deployments of the Elastic stack. Contact us for a search consultation, queries or news about Elastic products and MeetUps.